Thursday 4 April 2013

5th April - Sword

Normally I really dislike making swords for kids at parties, generally I try and avoid it like the plague, they ARE very quick to make but the child will grab it, run off with it and have a fight with it, then popping the sword and you end up with tears. However if the sword is going to be hung on the wall and admired as a form of art then I do not mind so much, and here is one of my swords hung on the wall as a form of art.

This sword is not a typical type of sword, I was inspired to make it after seeing Pascal Grooten's swords on his website. There are 4 balloons in this model, all 260s, 1 red, 1 blue, 1 yellow and 1 silver.  It took me a while to work out the handle with this one, it looks simple but when you think about it, its not, this is actually a combination of twists and bubbles, if you want to know how I did it then ask me.



No comments:

Post a Comment