Thursday 9 May 2013

10th May - Starship Enterprise - NCC 1701

I went to the cinema last night, can you guess what I went to see? no, it was not 'Revenge of the Carebears' (thats not out yet), no it was the new Star Trek film (its awesome).

I spent a while yesterday afternoon having a play around with ideas for this starship and nothing worked for me, I have discovered that I make my best balloons in the morning or late at night, but not in the afternoon, what ever I did just was not right. When I got home after seeing the film I had a brainwave and finally worked out how to do the saucer section, the rest just kind of happened. I had also been practicing with grey balloons but after thinking about it for a while it had to be done in white.



It is made from 11 balloons (although I probably went through about 30 in total trying different ideas), there is a 5 inch round, an 11" round, 4 x 350s, 5 x 260s and 1 x 160. I used 4 raisin twists to hold it all together and those proved to be a problem but I got there in the end. I have probably spent more time in this sculpture than I have on any of my other balloons, In total I think I have spent about 3 or 4 hours doing it.

You can follow My Daily Balloon several other ways Facebook -www.facebook.com/mydailyballoon and hit the 'like' button 
or 
Twitter - @magirob



No comments:

Post a Comment