Friday 15 March 2013

15th March - Captain America's Shield

Its Neal Austin's Birthday today and he is off on his travels around the world on his never ending quest to make people laugh, Neal is superhero mad and so today I wanted to make him something superhero themed so I eventually came up with the idea of making Captain America's shield.

It is made from 15 balloons, I started with the star in the middle which is made from 2 white 260 sized balloons and then threaded a blue 260 balloon through that one, next I added the next blue circle which is another 2 x 260 balloons, the first red ring is made from 3 x 260 balloons and the white is made from just 1 x 260 balloon but I used another 2 white balloons to make the little white connector pieces to hold it in place. the final outer red ring is made from 3 x 260 sized balloons and the last think to add was the handles on the back. Happy Birthday Neal



On another note, I was very exciting to see my blog had made it to the front page of several other websites recently, firstly http://balloonchat.co.uk/ a forum for balloonists, and secondly http://www.strong-island.co.uk/, this is a website promoting artists and music in Portsmouth, Thanks to everyone who has been spreading the news of my blog, I really appreciate it.


No comments:

Post a Comment